Land Sheriffs is a professional security task force providing protection and safety to clients, assets, infrastructure and staff. For obvious reasons, having a legal and compliant fleet is essential for a company in the security sector.
It was essential for Land Sheriffs to find a fleet management solution that could help monitor their key dates, including MOTs, services and road tax renewals.
Optilan Land Sheriffs implemented FleetCheck’s fleet management software at the same time as securing their telematics provider. The combination of the two working together has resulted in many great benefits.
Before using FleetCheck
- The day-to-day fleet tasks were previously managed via paper-based systems and spreadsheets, which meant there were hours of cross-referencing for the fleet manager.
- A solution was required to ensure the vehicles and drivers were compliant and that their processes were legally acceptable and time-saving.
How FleetCheck Helped
- Integrating the data from telematics into FleetCheck meant that vehicle mileages were automatically updated, resulting in no more manual mileage checks.
- Subscribing to the software has enabled the logistics team at Land Sheriffs to gain immediate control of all vehicle and driver-related activity, so all paper-based and spreadsheet processes were eliminated / tasks were forward-planned, properly managed and recorded in a centralised system for future reference.
- Since moving to FleetCheck, Land Sheriffs are confident that their fleet is properly managed, their processes are compliant, their costs are monitored, and their drivers are safe.
- They have total control over daily activity, and thanks to FleetCheck’s intuitive system of alerts, they can forward-plan vehicle maintenance schedules efficiently to minimise administration time.
Land Sheriffs currently run around 45 light commercial vehicles operated from one site.
“Prior to joining FleetCheck, I was spending hours a week cross-referencing to pinpoint key dates and to keep track of what had and hadn’t been done. I was going back and forth through spreadsheets and paper documents just to source a singular date, which was time-consuming.
After looking more closely at FleetCheck, it was clear to see how user-friendly the system was and how much time I could save myself just by having a system as simple but robust as this one in place. The main benefit for us when it came to integrating our telematics data into the FleetCheck system was the confidence we gained that all the mileage readings we received for each vehicle were accurate, which was a great relief for us.
When we joined FleetCheck, we decided to stop using the online licence-checking service we’d used previously (which used to take hours to display results and often missed endorsements) and began using the automated service that FleetCheck offer, which displays accurate results almost immediately and feeds them into the system for a centralised view.
This was a real advantage for us as we could be assured that our drivers were safe to be on the road; and with two-factor authentication, it helps keep us GDPR compliant.”
Chris Ricketts, Fleet Manager