This Privacy Notice relates to FleetCheck Ltd (“FleetCheck”, “us”, “we” or “our”) of 701 Stonehouse Park, Sperry Way, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 3UT. Company Registration No 05674824. FleetCheck Ltd is registered with The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO Registration No Z9426134).
FleetCheck respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. FleetCheck also has obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and any subsequent replacement legislation (“the Act”) regarding the collection, use and storage of personal information relating to individuals which FleetCheck receives via the website or otherwise. FleetCheck provides this Privacy Notice to inform you of our policy and practices and of the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. FleetCheck ensures that any personal data about individuals will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Act and this notice.
By visiting www.fleetcheck.co.uk or my.fleetcheck.co.uk you acknowledge and accept the practices described in this notice.
Information we collect
Information you give us
This is information that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you book a demo via our website, download or request our guides and brochures, chat with us via the website, become a client or partner of FleetCheck or otherwise subscribe to our services, give us feedback or contact us, and when you report a problem with our website or software.
The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, user IDs and passwords. For this information FleetCheck are the data controller.
Where a client provides us with vehicle and driver related data, contact preferences relating to its users and other similar information within the FleetCheck software, FleetCheck processes such data as a data processor and our client is the data controller.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to our system from the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Our website uses tools that are available through third-party tracking technologies. You are always free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your browser, installed application or device so permits. However, if you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain site features, services, applications or tools. These technologies allow our websites, services, applications and tools to store relevant information in your browser or device and may read that information in order to identify you to our servers or internal systems.
How we use your information
Information you give us
We will use this information:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us (the lawful basis for this is “performance of a contract”);
• To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about where you have given us permission to do so or where you have not indicated that you do not want us to use your data in this way (the lawful basis for this is “legitimate interest” or “consent”);
• To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you where you have given us permission to do so. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by -e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this (the lawful basis for this is “legitimate interest” or “consent”);
• To notify you about changes to our service (the lawful basis for this is “performance of a contract” or “compliance with a legal obligation”);
• To communicate with you via e-mail and phone regarding your FleetCheck online account and to otherwise administer your account (the lawful basis for this is “performance of a contract” or “legitimate interest”);
• To occasionally contact you for market research regarding FleetCheck’s products and services (the lawful basis for this is “legitimate interest”).
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
• To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (the lawful basis for this is legitimate interest”);
• To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (the lawful basis for this is legitimate interest”);
• To gain a better understanding regarding who uses the FleetCheck website and how they use it, including the web pages they access so as to be able to improve the website the lawful basis for this is legitimate interest”) ;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (the lawful basis for this is “performance of a contract”);
• As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (the lawful basis for this is legitimate interest” and “compliance with a legal obligation”));
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them (the lawful basis for this is legitimate interest”) .
Note that FleetCheck may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out above.
FleetCheck does not collect extra information about its website visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations. If FleetCheck wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose, other than for which it was originally supplied, FleetCheck will notify you first.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• Selected third parties supplying back office services;
• Selected third parties supplying licence checking or telematics services, if you have selected to use these services;
• We may on occasions suggest to you selected third party providers that may be of interest to you offering a service which enhances the FleetCheck software but we will not share your data with third party providers without your consent;
• We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third-party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, in which event we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights under this Privacy Notice continue to be protected;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FleetCheck, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• We may also share your personal information to third parties for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime or fraud.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where we store your personal data
Any information you enter into the FleetCheck software, or information we enter on your behalf in the FleetCheck software, will be stored within systems located in the UK and therefore subject to applicable data protection laws. We will not store any of this information outside of the UK.
Any information that you send to us which is not held within the FleetCheck software, for instance sent in emails to our support desk, may be stored by our third party provider on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the United States East region. We have specific contracts in place with our third party provider, approved for use in the UK, which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you in certain scenarios, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our Data Protection Officer in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
FleetCheck Ltd, Trafalgar House, Cotswold Business Park, Kemble, GL7 6BQ
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Complaints and disputes
FleetCheck is committed to working with you to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes relating to privacy matters. Please send us your questions and comments regarding our privacy practices to email@example.com.
If you think our collection or use of personal data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate or if you have concerns about the security of your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or via their website at https://ico.org.uk/
Links to third party websites
Parts of the Website may contain links to third party websites for your convenience and information. If you use these links, you will leave the Website. When you access a third-party website, please understand that FleetCheck does not control the content and is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. FleetCheck suggests that you carefully review the privacy policies of each Website you visit. This Privacy Notice does not cover the information practices of those third-party websites linked to the Website. These other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, FleetCheck has employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes including username and password protection of your account to safeguard and secure the information FleetCheck collects online. FleetCheck does not give visitors to the website the option of other secure transmission methods to send FleetCheck their personal data, unless otherwise indicated. Accordingly, your attention is drawn to the fact that information carried over the Internet is not guaranteed as secure. Information could be intercepted, lost, redirected, changed and possibly read by third parties.
All FleetCheck’s employees and data processors who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FleetCheck keeps this Privacy Notice under regular review. It was last updated on 5th September 2023.