Join our team
We’re on an amazing journey…
Our team enjoy what we do, and we do it well. We grow and develop and make wonderful things happen together every day – the team, the business, the products we provide and the clients we reach.
When you join us, you’re joining a dynamic and highly rewarding company, in which you can grow your career and be supported every step of the way. If that sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you.
|Role title||IT Team Leader (Developer)||Full time/Part time||F/T|
|Reporting to||IT Director||Location||Kemble, Glos GL7 6BQ|
|Salary||£50-60k||Work Patten||Hybrid working, with approval|
FleetCheck is one of the UK’s leading software solutions within the fleet industry. We help managers in all types of businesses to better manage their company vehicles and drivers effectively and efficiently. Our software helps coordinate their data into one platform, helping them be legally compliant and make their complex jobs easier. We have over 1300 clients around the UK. While we focus mainly on SMEs with smaller fleets, we also have many household names in our client base, including the RFU, Kwik Fit, Krispy Kreme, Barnardo’s, DHL, The AA and others.
FleetCheck has been strongly growing year on year, and we have ambitious plans to scale our business even further over the next 2-3 years, through a combination of an innovative marketing strategy and building on our already-excellent customer service.
Our team enjoys what we do, and we do it well. When you join us, you’re joining a dynamic and highly rewarding company, in which you can grow your career and be supported every step of the way. If that sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you.
Purpose of role
Reporting to the IT Director, the successful applicant will be an experienced software developer who will be the team leader for 7 other developers and 3 software testers.
Working within agreed procedures to provide the highest level of IT workflow and support. Specifically focused on tasks associated with software administration to facilitate;
- (a) an exceptional customer/user experience,
- (b) product excellence and
- (c) an ongoing culture of customer retention.
Role specific accountabilities
- Undertake a range of administrative tasks which will require a relatively high degree of personal responsibility and judgement with little close supervision, although still subject to overall well-defined limits.
- Team leader responsibilities:
- Support IT Director and report on team performance;
- Provide encouragement to team members;
- Answer team member questions, help with team member problems and oversee team member work for quality and guideline compliance;
- Ensure good communications within the team;
- Manage workload for each team member;
- Develop strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals;
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations;
- Assist management with hiring processes and new team member training;
- Assist compliance manager with technological aspects of GDPR and information security;
- Liaise with Scrum Master and Product owner;
Take ownership for specific tasks as defined below:
- Data management;
- Application development;
- Resolution of technical ‘bugs’ highlighted by customers and/or colleagues, prompt escalation to IT director where resolution is outside of remit and ensuring originator(s) are kept informed of fix progress/completion;
- Monitoring Live Application error logs;
- Test/Live System Administration.
- Collate and provide data to line manager for KPI reporting as defined;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Reasonable/understanding of general office systems and procedures;
- IT/web/programming/database management knowledge - MSSQL;
- ASP.NET/VB.NET/C#/.Net Core MVC;
- Some knowledge of fleet administration or other similar area of work;
- Experience with Azure pipelines / CI/CD;
- Flutter / Dart.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a Team Leader role;
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience working in a similar programming role;
- Experience of working to challenging deadlines and defined metrics;
- Experience of reading, inputting and manipulating data;
- Experience in problem solving through the use of exploratory questions.
- A sound general level of academic education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs, which must include English and Mathematics
- Specific IT qualification(s) including programming language courses;
- Leadership training.
- Good, accurate keyboard skills and ICT competence;
- Able to communicate with a variety of people in a positive, helpful manner;
- Can work to achieve both individual and departmental metrics;
- Able to identify risks in interactions with customers and suggest ways of overcoming them;
- Able to deal with challenging queries in a high quality, customer focussed way;
- Committed to continual service improvement and shows willingness to learn new skills as required;
- Able to resolve problems and adapt to change;
- Maintain constructive links with colleagues and work collaboratively to deliver targets;
- Receive feedback and learn from mistakes for continuous self-development.
- Act in a courteous, professional, and ethical manner in all interactions with customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Advise line manager/management team on matters relating to workload and work progress.
- Contribute positively to improvement initiatives.
- Comply with FleetCheck’s values, service levels, policies, and legislative requirements.
- The normal contractual working week is 37.5 hours; a standard day is 7.5 hours.
- The work pattern is fixed hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm with 0.5 hour lunch break.
- The annual holiday entitlement based on the above working pattern is 25 days.
- The organisation continuously evolves to provide broader and more proactive customer care. As such the roles and their terms and conditions will be subject to ongoing review and change.
- Staff are able to work in a hybrid pattern with a minimum of 3 days in the office each week if agreed with their line manager.
- Note that the FleetCheck offices are not serviced by public transport, and you will need a car in order to work here.
- Other benefits to joining this friendly team - staff/team functions, including Summer & Winter events, monthly charity cake bakes, monthly staff meetings, annual appraisals, access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health First Aiders, free parking.
- FleetCheck are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and a Living Wage Employer.
We’re not recruiting at the moment…
We don’t have any current vacancies, but all is not lost. If you think you can make a difference and would like to join our team, please get in touch. We’re always interested to hear from talented individuals with an interest in the fleet industry.