Join our team
We’re on an amazing journey…
Our team enjoy what we do, and we do it well. We grow and develop and make wonderful things happen together every day – the team, the business, the products we provide and the clients we reach.
When you join us, you’re joining a dynamic and highly rewarding company, in which you can grow your career and be supported every step of the way. If that sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you.
FleetCheck is one of the UK’s leading software solutions within the Fleet industry. Our clients include people like the RFU, Kwik Fit, Krispy Kreme, Barnardo’s, DHL and many others.
Our team enjoy what we do, and we do it well. When you join us, you’re joining a dynamic and highly rewarding company, in which you can grow your career and be supported every step of the way. If that sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you.
Purpose of role
Working within agreed procedures to provide the highest level of IT workflow and support. Specifically focussed on tasks associated with software administration to facilitate (a) an exceptional customer/user experience, (b) product excellence and (c) an ongoing culture of customer retention.
Role specific accountabilities
The role of the developer is to take ownership for specific tasks as defined below:
- Application development
- Data management
- Working together with colleagues to facilitate the effective processing of customer requests submitted to FleetCheck’s support facility, including:
- Editing and creating reports in response to customer requests.
- Editing and creating data imports.
- Clarification of requirements, as necessary.
- Verification of solution and confirmation to colleague(s) and/or customer(s).
- Resolution of technical ‘bugs’ highlighted by customers and/or colleagues, prompt escalation to IT Team Leader and director where resolution is outside of remit and ensuring originator(s) are kept informed of fix progress/completion.
- Monitoring IT error logs.
- Collate and provide data to line manager for KPI reporting as defined.
- Contribution to appropriate projects as required, to facilitate the continuous evolution and improvement of FleetCheck’s software.
|A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint||Required|
|Reasonable knowledge/understanding of general office systems and procedures||Required|
|IT/web/programming/database management knowledge||Required|
|ASP.NET / VB.NET / C# / .Net Core||Required|
|Some knowledge of fleet administration or other similar area of work||Desirable|
|A sound general level of academic education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs, which must include English and Mathematics||Required|
|Specific IT qualification(s)||Required|
|Good, accurate keyboard skills and ICT competence||Required|
|Able to communicate with a variety of people in a positive, helpful manner||Required|
|Can work to achieve both individual and departmental metrics||Required|
|Able to identify risks in interactions with customers and suggest ways of overcoming them||Required|
|Able to deal with challenging queries in a high quality, customer focussed way||Required|
|Committed to continual service improvement and shows willingness to learn new skills as required||Required|
|Able to resolve problems and adapt to change||Required|
|Maintain constructive links with colleagues and work collaboratively to deliver targets||Required|
|Receive feedback and learn from mistakes for continuous self-development||Required|
|Experience of working in a similar programming role||Required|
|Experience of working to challenging deadlines and defined metrics||Required|
|Experience of reading, inputting and manipulating data||Required|
|Experience of working in a customer services or contact centre role||Required|
|Experience in problem solving through the use of exploratory questions||Required|
- Act in a courteous, professional and ethical manner in all interactions with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Advise line manager/management team on matters relating to workload and work progress.
- Contribute positively to improvement initiatives.
- Comply with FleetCheck’s values, service levels, policies and legislative requirements, including (but not limited to) H&S, equal opportunities and data security (ISMS).
- Where business requires change, and provided that capacity is available within time constraints, to undertake other responsibilities which are of a commensurate level outside of the terms of this role profile.
- The normal contractual working week is 37.5 hours; a standard day is 7.5 hours.
- The work pattern is fixed hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm with 0.5 hour’s lunch break.
- The annual holiday entitlement based on the above working pattern is 24 days p/a.
- The organisation continuously evolves to provide broader and more proactive customer care. As such the roles and their terms and conditions will be subject to ongoing review and change.
- The FleetCheck offices have just re-opened and all staff are currently working part-time in the office and part-time at home. There may be a possibility to continue this working arrangement long-term at the line manager’s discretion but there will be a minimum requirement of 3 days in the head office per week (SN16 9RZ).
We’re not recruiting at the moment…
We don’t have any current vacancies, but all is not lost. If you think you can make a difference and would like to join our team, please get in touch, we’re always interested to hear from talented individuals with an interest in the fleet industry.
How to apply
If you would like to bring your skills, energy and dedication to be part of our friendly and enthusiastic team or would like to apply for any open positions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV.