Construction Hire Solutions is a hire company operating across the UK that specialises in the railway and general construction sectors. Construction Hire Solutions depend on their fleet to keep business moving. Construction Hire Solutions implemented FleetCheck’s fleet management software in the July of 2013 alongside sourcing their telematics provider.
Before using FleetCheck
- Construction Hire Solutions managing day-to-day fleet tasks, including booking services and other vital events, via paper-based systems.
- The Fleet Manager needed complete assurance that they were legally compliant and that the processes she had planned to put in place would be better than adequate for the company’s accreditations.
- They did not have a system that could store all the necessary documents, dates and details with the ability to link up with their newly obtained tracking provider.
How FleetCheck Helped
- Being able to link their tracking provider with FleetCheck has bought many great benefits - their vehicle mileages are now auto-updated, meaning no more manual mileage checks.
- They now have complete control of all vehicle and driver-related activity, so all paper-based processes have been eliminated, and tasks are forward-planned, properly managed and recorded for future reference.
- They have complete confidence that their fleet is managed correctly, their processes are legally compliant, their costs are monitored, and their drivers are safe and legal.
- Thanks to FleetCheck’s intuitive system of alerts, Nancy has complete clarity of how much time she has before specific tasks, such as MOTs, must be completed. She no longer worries about key dates falling overdue.
The company currently operates 55 hired and business-owned light commercial vehicles.
Nancy Baker said, “Ultimately, anything that needs my attention is stored in FleetCheck, making it a one-stop shop for us.”
As Nancy comments, “The set-up process was quite straightforward, and anything that I struggled with was dealt with very efficiently by FleetCheck’s support team, making the whole movement from paper to software stress-free.”
An enormous amount of administration time has been saved by using FleetCheck’s software. Nancy explains, “Without the system to handle our fleet administration and compliance, we wouldn’t have been able to expand our fleet as rapidly as we have. We would likely have needed to recruit more staff to keep up with the various checks, tasks and reports required for our FORS accreditation.”
When asked to summarise her experience, she said, “Our main drive for a fleet management system was our FORS accreditation. Having an audit of all the required fleet-related documentation for our vehicle maintenance and having the ability to easily keep track of our drivers’ health/eyesight checks has meant that we’re confident that we are compliant to the FORS requirements.”
Nancy concludes, “I am always expanding the number of features I use on FleetCheck; the more I use it, the more I find is possible and the easier it becomes.”