Our website uses tools that are available through third-party tracking technologies. You are always free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your browser, installed application, or device so permits. However, if you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain site features, services, applications or tools. These technologies allow our sites, services, applications and tools to store relevant information in your browser or device and may read that information in order to identify you to our servers or internal systems.
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us as a FleetCheck client may include your name, address, e-mail address, fax number and phone number, user IDs and passwords. For this information FleetCheck are the data controller.
Additionally, you may provide multiple vehicle and driver related data, contact preferences and other similar information within the service, for this data FleetCheck are the data processor and you, the client, are the data controller.
We use your data to respond to your enquiries about our services (the lawful basis for this is “Legitimate Interest”) and to provide our services to you (the lawful basis for this is “Contract”).
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information you give us.
We will use this information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about where you have given us permission to do so or where you have not indicated that you do not want us to use your data in this way;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you where you have given us permission to do so;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- FleetCheck Ltd may use your personal data to gain a better understanding regarding who uses FleetCheck Ltd website and how they use it, including the web pages they access so as to be able to improve the website;
- FleetCheck Ltd may also from time to time use your personal data to inform you of other services and benefits FleetCheck Ltd may offer where you have given us permission to do so;
- Occasionally, FleetCheck Ltd may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding FleetCheck Ltd’s products and services.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
FleetCheck Ltd does not collect extra information about its visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations. If FleetCheck Ltd wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose, other than for which it was originally supplied, FleetCheck Ltd will ask you first. FleetCheck Ltd takes seriously the trust you place in us.
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Selected third parties including:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- we may on occasions suggest to you selected third party providers that may be of interest to you offering a service which enhances the FleetCheck software but we will not share your data with third party providers without your consent.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If FleetCheck Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FleetCheck Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share your personal information to third parties for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime or fraud.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data or as soon as possible after first collection) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have rights in relation to your personal data held by FleetCheck Ltd, including a right to have it modified and to request access to it. For any enquiry or concern about your personal data, or to request access to your personal data please contact FleetCheck Ltd at email@example.com or at the following address:
FleetCheck Ltd, Eastcourt Farm, Malmesbury, Wiltshire SN16 9RZ
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why we are holding it;
- Tell you who it has been disclosed to;
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
From 25 May 2018, you may also have the right for your personal data to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances. This is known as the right to data portability. To make a data portability request please contact FleetCheck Ltd at the address set out above.
It is in FleetCheck Ltd’s and your interest that FleetCheck Ltd holds accurate data about you. If you believe the personal data FleetCheck Ltd holds is inaccurate in any way please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deletion of Data
From 25 May 2018, you may also have the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we delete your personal data, to block any further processing of your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data. There are some specific circumstances where these rights do not apply and in those circumstances we may refuse to deal with your request.
If we are processing your personal data based upon your consent (e.g. as part of our marketing or promotional activities), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you require any further information about your right to rectification, erasure, restriction of or object to processing or you wish to withdraw your consent please contact FleetCheck Ltd at email@example.com.
FleetCheck Ltd is committed to working with you to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes relating to privacy matters. Please send us your questions and comments regarding our privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you think our collection or use of personal data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate or if you have concerns about the security of your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or via their website at https://ico.org.uk/
The information that we collect from and about you will be stored within systems located within the European Economic Area and therefore subject to equivalent data protection rules and safeguards. We will not store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, FleetCheck Ltd has employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes including username and password protection of your account to safeguard and secure the information FleetCheck Ltd collects online. FleetCheck Ltd does not give visitors to the website the option of other secure transmission methods to send FleetCheck Ltd their personal data, unless otherwise indicated. Accordingly, your attention is drawn to the fact that information carried over the internet is not guaranteed as secure. Information could be intercepted, lost, redirected, changed and possibly read by third parties.
All FleetCheck Ltd’s employees and data processors who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal data.
If changes to the FleetCheck Ltd Data Protection Policy (and hence this Privacy Notice) include any significantly different use of your personal data, we will let you know and give you the option to agree to the new use.